Did you know that your permanent cosmetics take time to set?
The healing process continues even after the procedure is completed. The end result of your procedure depends greatly on your own proper care, in your own home, up to 30 days after the procedure. For best results, follow these care tips for a lifetime.
For a week after the procedure:
- To avoid old body oils, cosmetics, and cream regimes rubbing into your new permanent cosmetics, we strongly recommend a new, clean pillowcase. Any pigment residue from the procedure may stain your pillowcase for at least one week after your appointment.
- Gently clean the treated areas each morning and evening with tepid, clear water and your clean fingertips. Pat the areas dry, avoid scrubbing or rubbing the areas. Do not use any soaps, cleansing creams, lotions, or chemicals to the pigmented area(s). Instead, use a very thin application of A&D Ointment or Vaseline two to three times daily (less is more!). If redness occurs, discontinue the ointment and contact us.
- We strongly recommend no makeup to the treated area for at least five days. Refrain from soaking the treated area(s) in a bathtub, hot tub, swimming pool, or steam. Avoid the sun, and do not scratch or rub the area.
For a month after the procedure:
- Do not use soaps, cleansing creams, or chemicals on the pigmented area(s). You risk stripping or rubbing away some of the color before your skin has had a chance to heal fully.
- You may apply a light moisturizer over your brows after the first week, if it contains no Retin A, Glycolic Acid, or Alpha-Hydroxy Acids.
For a lifetime after the procedure:
- Avoid exposing the treated areas to the sun or a tanning bed.
- If sun or UV exposure is unavoidable, apply “Chapstick with 30 SPF” to each brow before exposing the treated areas.
- Keep products containing Retin A, Glycolic Acid, or Alpha-Hydroxy Acids a half inch away from your brows at all times, as these products can ruin the integrity of your permanent cosmetics.
Good to know:
- The treated area(s) will appear very intense and bright immediately after the procedure. It may appear to be too dark for up to thirty days after the procedure. Remember that as the skin heals and the pigmented areas set, the colors will soften and blend.
- A follow-up visit can be scheduled up to 90 days after the initial application of permanent cosmetics. This visit is free, and can refine and fine-tune your new look. We recommend booking a visit thirty days after the initial procedure.